Thursday, 8 March 2012

Race against time


I'll be running the 2012 Virgin London Marathon on behalf of Mind, the leading mental health charity in England and Wales. You can sponsor me by visiting http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/AndyCraig and follow my progress on Twitter and Facebook. Read about all of the excellent work Mind do by visiting Mind.org.uk.

The lead up to any major English sporting event wouldn't be complete without a metatarsal scare, and I've done my bit to ensure that this year's London Marathon is no different. 

A pain on the outside of my right foot that began a week last Saturday felt much worse after last Thursday's effort. An inconclusive x-ray and an appointment with the specialist later (whose name I initially misheard rather ominously as Mr Butcher - thankfully, it's Mr Bircher), I'm now booked in for an MRI scan next week to investigate a possible stress fracture or some other pediatric loveliness. 

I know that literally some of you may be worried about my participation in this year's marathon, but I'm still confident of being on the start line on the 22nd April - a focus that has been redoubled since reaching my initial sponsorship target in the last few days. A massive thank you to everyone who's donated so far (and to those who haven't - pull your finger out). My projected target times may have to be revised depending on the results of the scan, but regardless of that, I want to make sure I haul myself around the 26 miles to repay the generosity you have all shown.

For now though, it's rest, and there are few places better to do that than the spa city of Budapest. Back on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Another good read :)

    Only you would miss hear it as Mr Butcher!

    From anonymous, a.k.a. your brother, MC

    ReplyDelete